I feel like summer is the season where the most unexpected things can happen, this can sometimes mean going out during the day and the same night after. I don’t know about you but wearing two sets of clothes in the same day (besides sports-wear etc) is one of my pet peeves because I feel like I have wasted two good outfits on one day :’).
I have been trying to pair my more ethical/ vintage items of clothing with some of my older wardrobe pieces. I feel more comfortable in my clothes knowing that the garments I wear don’t impact anyone or anything in a negative way as best I can.
I had an early start and a late night this particular day. The day consisted of shopping and the night of going to a party. I feel like making simple changes to your outfit can make it go from night to day easily and effortlessly.
- Jewelry : For the day I kept it simple with a small rose-gold necklace my mom got me for my 18th birthday. Then for night I switched it up for a bolder silver Y shaped necklace with jewel detailing from Accessorize.
- Shoes : For the day I wore my flat Gaimo shoes which were made in Spain. For the night I switched them out for my Nude heels from Dune which I’ve owned for a while now.
My culottes are vintage from Loving Youth and the top is actually my mom’s and it’s from H&M.
The most important things about taking an outfit from day to night have to be :
- Make sure you are comfortable in the clothing items you are not changing.
- Keep your changes simple, there’s no need to change your entire outfit.
- Be creative with your hairstyle and make-up too. I decided to keep mine the same but even switching a nude lip to a red one can transition an outfit smoothly from dawn to dusk.
I hope you are all enjoying the weather, stay cool, until next time,