It’s not very often that I do a ‘favourites’ post, but there are so many things going on lately that I have been loving. I’ve been having good skin days and good make-up days and all around good days, so I just wanted to share some of the things that have made me happy recently to spread some positive vibes.
- NYX Highlight and Contour Pro Palette- Whether you’re doing make-up on yourself, your friends and family or free-lancing, I think that this palette really is a must have. The palette comes with 8 shades, 4 for highlighting and 4 for bronzing. My favourite shade in the palette is soft light, I use it nearly everyday for setting my under eye. Although I do prefer ABH’s ‘Fawn’ over NYX’s ‘Sculpt’ in this palette for contouring, I think that when it comes down to it this palette is better than the ABH Contour Kit. The good news is this one’s only €25. The bad news is that NYX really needs to make a second or a third kit for different coloured skin tones. The colour ‘Hollow’ the deepest shade in the palette definitely is not deep enough.
- The Body Shop Skin Defence- If you read last week’s post then you already know that I love this and why I love this. If you need a sun cream that will protect you, but still allow you to apply your make-up like usual, give this one a go. Here is a link to my previous blog post if you want to get the in depth review.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop- I recently reviewed Becca highlighters also. I am still using Moonstone a lot, but since I’m fake tanning quite a bit recently I’ve been relying on Champagne Pop to give me my glow and I have been loving it. For that extra glowy look apply it to your shoulders and collar bones to make them pop. A more in depth review can also be found here.
- Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Pillow Talk- This lip liner is definitely a popular one among many people and with good reason. This lip liner’s shade and undertone compliments my lips to give them a ‘your lips but better look’. It would be the perfect addition to your summer handbag. However, if €22 is a stretch try out the Barry M lip liners for 4.49, I have the shade 16 and I love it!
- ‘I feel pretty’ – I’ve seen this twice already. I haven’t gone to see a movie twice in the cinema since Mamma Mia. Directly after seeing the movie I didn’t think much of it, it was only days later when I realized that it actually made an impact on me and I went to see it again. Although aspects of the film were unrealistic, the real and raw emotions portrayed surrounding self image and self love and lack of, were so easy to relate to. Although I know it is ‘just a movie’ some things that the characters said and felt have changed the way I look at myself for the better.
- ‘Anon’ – This was just so good. I didn’t see any reviews or listen to what one other person had to say about it. I was just flicking through Sky Premiere on Sky Movies a few nights ago and it was on. I love Amanda Seyfried and Clive Owen as separate actors and I think it’s so cool that they’re now in a film together. I really enjoyed it and I hope that a part 2 or a series could be on the table.
- Drink more water- During exams I got into the habit of drinking loads of water. I’d say I was drinking around 3L a day. My skin stayed pretty clear through exams and I have definitely noticed an improvement in my skin generally. I haven’t changed anything else in my skincare routine so I’m putting it down to the water. So simple, yet so effective.
- Treat yo’ self- The day I finished exams I went straight onto Canva to create a ‘Treat yo’ self’ to do list. I put down the things I’ve been wanting to do for a while, but couldn’t due to exams. Lists are one of the things that keep me focused, but I find that I always make them for serious things like ‘pick up this’ or ‘do that’, however this list is different. Whenever I feel like I need a pick me up, but I happen to be stuck for ideas I’ll be able to go to the list. It took me 2 minutes to make and print out and I enjoy seeing the things that I could treat myself to each week.
I hope you all enjoyed this week’s post! I love ‘favourites’ posts because they are always filled with positive vibes because you get to talk about things you really love.
Happy Monday 🙂