These ‘get to know me’ type tags go back as far as the beginning of blogging. I decided to do this now thanks to the amount of traffic I got from my last College Hacks post. I want to thank everyone of you who read it and who have followed me because of it. Here are some facts about me so that you can get to know me better.
- Where are you from? I am from Cork in Ireland. If you are from Cork yourself or know people from Cork you will understand that the majority of us love to brag that we’re from Cork and how class it is- because it is ….
- What inspires you? I am one of those lucky people who can find inspiration from the seemingly smallest things. From quotes, to stories to movies I find them all inspiring. If I had to narrow it down, one of the people who inspires me the most is Serena Williams, she is one of the best tennis players in history and she overcame so many hardships to get there. Follow her Instagram or watch her movie ‘Serena’ if you’re looking for some inspiration. Photo by Kenrick Mills on Unsplash
- What is your favourite time of day? I love really early mornings. My favourite time is being up while everyone else is sleeping. It’s so quiet and peaceful ❤
- What’s your favourite flavour of tea? Regular good ol’ Barry’s used to be my favourite, but I have to limit my caffeine now. So now I stick to decaffeinated regular tea and decaffeinated green tea- how exciting I know.
- Where do you buy your jeans? If you know me already you’re probably laughing at this question because for some reason one of my least favorite things are jeans. I would choose a skirt or a trousers any day over a pair of jeans. I do wear them every now and then , but they are not my favourite. Maybe I just haven’t found a good pair yet. Please leave where you buy your jeans below and would you recommend them?Photo by Ricardo Gomez Angel on Unsplash
- When was the first time you were allowed to wear make-up? I’ve been stealing my moms mascara since about 8/9 I’d guess, but the first time I wore a ‘full’ face of make-up was on my 13th birthday. We were going out to a disco so I convinced my mom to let me buy my own foundation because I told her that I didn’t want the other girls to do my make-up because it would be too orange (Who knows if it would have been, but that’s what I said anyway… sorry mom). I think every Irish mammy fears the orange face, so my mom was more than happy to let me buy my own foundation then. Bear in mind that a full face of make-up when I was 13 was- Natural Collection foundation, mascara, liquid liner and lipgloss. Does this make anyone else feel nostalgic ?
- How many languages are you fluent in ? 2, English and Gaeilge. I took Spanish for years as well in school, but I am nowhere near fluent in that even though I wish I was.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? For years when I was younger I always wanted to be a princess. I actually, genuinely believed that this was a profession that anyone could have just like a doctor or a teacher. Unfortunately there was no course to be a princess when I was applying to the CAO though, had I had known when I was 4 I would have been crushed, but now I laugh when I think about it. I do not want to be a princess now, I’d rather be a scientist.
- If you could go on holiday anywhere in the world, where would you go? If you asked me this a few years ago I probably would have told you no where. Travelling has always been one of those anxiety provoking situations that I have done my best to avoid in the past. In January of this year I promised myself that I was going to change things and so I went off to Milan in March. For anyone out there who can’t face the thought of travelling I recommend that you find somewhere so pretty that not seeing it would cause you more discomfort than the journey to seeing it. In the future my two top places to see are New York and the Galapagos Islands. I know that I will see them eventually.Photo by Chelsea London Phillips on Unsplash
- Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I could give a scientific answer here, but I wont. I am definitely a glass half full type of girl. I try to see the positive in everything, for my own sanity really. I do believe in positive energy and positive vibes and that you get what you give. So I am sending you all virtual positive vibes and I hope you all have a productive year in whatever you are doing.
Thank you all for reading. If you have any more questions you would like to know the answer to leave them below or send me a dm on Instagram.
Have a fab week!